Although the layout of
the interview did slightly resemble the BBC Breakfast studio, the reality was
far from that. Accompanied by a 13-year-old work experience student, the
journalist from the local paper got his pad out and we started the brief,
awkward, but enjoyable interview. Quite why the local paper wanted to interview
me was a mystery, nonetheless I was glad to oblige. It didn’t get off to the
best of starts, when I failed to recognise that his work experience student was
actually one of my students. Awkward. He quizzed me on my first impressions of
the region and how I was settling into the French lifestyle, and we passed half
an hour or so, until he decided that he had got what he came for. Who knows how
I will be portrayed to the locals, at least I mentioned that I had been to see
the local rugby team play, sure to gain a few friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment