Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Mmmmm...that is a tasty burger!!!!


After visiting Le Burger à 6 Pates bar/restaurant almost daily for a week to use their Wi-Fi, I felt obliged to try one of the burgers which deems the place worthy of the signage as far out as the neighbouring town. Having become accustomed to being the sole client of the bar, I confidently struck up conversation with the bar lady, who I think is also the proprietor. I explained my situation, which meant she would probably be seeing me daily for the next 7 months, expecting some kind of special treatment/discount. No such luck. However, as I tucked into the humongous Supreme Cheese I understood that the burger was the special treatment. I understood why, over the course of the next 30 minutes, at least 15 different takeaway collections were made. The bar, which had seemed emptier than Arsenal’s trophy cabinet during the week, was now a thriving Friday night takeaway joint.  The one thing which set my burger apart from other burgers I’d had in the past, and believe me, I’ve had some tasty burgers in my time, was the inspired addition of tartar sauce. The burger would’ve been just fine with just the 2 steaks, cheddar, mozzarella, emmental and salad, but the tartar sauce added a moistness that I have of yet, not experienced with mayo or Tommy K.  The chips weren’t too bad either. I can now deem the establishment worthy of the various signs pinpointing it as some sort of tourist attraction. It is open for lunch and dinner, take away and eat in, 5 days a week. It may be closed on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights, but it’s definitely worthy of at least one visit between Tuesday and Saturday. I can safely say I will be sampling each of the nine other burgers on offer at some point this year.

1 comment:

  1. You have committed a cardinal sin and got a PF quote wrong. Otherwise, a very enjoyable read! Would like to maybe see a link showing where I can purchase set WOTM...

    ReplyDelete